LBG is the global standard for measuring corporate community investment
A world where every business measures its community investment and shares this in an open, transparent and consistent way.
To provide a platform for LBG members to work with each other, and with their partners in the community, to improve measurement and make a greater difference.
Companies in the LBG network collectively contributed more than $3 billion to community causes helping more than 90 million people in the last reporting year.
LBG is a network of corporate community investment professionals from many of the world’s leading companies. They work together to apply, develop and enhance the LBG measurement framework.
LBG is an active network of companies, driven by its members.
The network provides a forum for companies to interact with and learn from each other, to help achieve their shared ambition to make the maximum impact through the contributions they make.
LBG is celebrating its 21st anniversary year as a member-led network. In addition to this founding group, local LBG groups operate in the following locations:
The LBG network is made up of companies spanning across sectors and geographies; many use LBG to evaluate across international programmes of activity. Current members are listed here.
LBG is governed by a representative Steering Group of members, who work to evolve the framework and its application by setting LBG’s agenda.
Members’ commitment to applying, developing and growing LBG whilst ensuring the confidentiality of data
is outlined in the Members’ Charter.
LBG’s measurement framework ensures a robust and credible approach to measuring the real value and impact of corporate community investment to both business and society.
At its heart it is a simple input/output model that can be applied at a pace that works for individual companies. It allows a company to consistently assess its community activities in terms of the resources committed (the inputs) and the results achieved (the outputs and the impacts). As the global standard for measuring community contributions, LBG is aligned with leading sustainability indices such as DJSI, GRI, and BITC’s CR Index.
- How: Cash, time, in-kind, management cost
- Why: Charitable gift, community investment, commercial initiative in the community
- What: Issue addressed (education, health etc.)
- Where: Location of activity
- Community outputs: Numbers helped, activities held etc.
- Leverage: Additional funds raised
- Business outputs: Media coverage, awareness among customers, employees etc.
- Community impacts: Change in beneficiaries, organisations and/or society
- Business impacts: Change in business performance
according to the framework.
The LBG Guidance Manual provides a top-level introduction to LBG, its measurement framework and its application.
There are a range of benefits and resources available through engaging with LBG
Events & training
LBG runs a busy calendar of events and training for members to attend both in person and online. These range from workshops on measurement to issue-specific sessions suggested by members.
Best practice in engaging and measuring the impact of employee volunteering, new forms of social investment and a look towards the future of measurement.
LBG Annual Meeting
Each year LBG holds its all-member Annual Meeting which consists of a full day of member-led workshops, expert panels and presentations on issues such as impact measurement and maximising the benefit of community investment to both the business and to society.Register for current events
LBG’s online portal enables companies to record, measure and manage their community programmes in one secure place. You can view a live picture of your achievements and compare against previous years, sector trends and LBG averages.
Manage the community programme
- Allocate members of the team to record, view and analyse the community programme.
- Record your activities and initiatives across different regions or operations of the business.
Record community initiatives
- Record individual activities according to the best practice LBG framework.
- Use a robust, secure tool to measure and understand the work you are doing in the community.
Live data dashboard
- View the up-to-date totals of your programme using enhanced data visualisation.
- Use the benchmarking tool to compare with previous years, sector averages, and peer companies.